Code of Conduct
Robert Rundle's Code of Conduct
At Robert Rundle School we believe that all students have the right to learn. All students work toward creating a climate that is positive and productive. Expectations and rules are an important aspect of a positive school climate and safe educational environment. They also promote academic success, common values and socially appropriate skills that enable students to work co-operatively with others. We want students to make proper decisions about their behaviour, now and in the future.
The students, staff and parents of Robert Rundle School form a unique community of people engaged in the important task of learning. A safe, pleasant learning environment is essential to successful learning.
Expectations for student behaviour are outlined in government legislation. Section 7 of the School Act defines responsibilities of students as follows:
- Be diligent in pursuing his/her studies
- Attend school regularly and punctually
- Co-operate fully with everyone authorized by the board to provide education programs and other services
- Comply with the rules of the school
- Respect the rights of others
Show consideration, courtesy and respect to others and their property. All students have the right to learn and play in a SAFE, CARING and RESPECTFUL environment. These expectations are reflected in the following:
- Keep hands and feet to yourself, walk and talk softly
- Use appropriate language
- Follow instructions
- Show respect to adults, students and property
- Act in a safe and responsible manner